Our Green Code
Caring for the world we live in is of paramount importance at PizzaExpress, which is why we’ve introduced our very own ‘Green Code’:
- We no longer offer plastic straws. Biodegradeable straws are only available on request.
- We no longer offer individual wet wipes. These are only available on request.
- We limit the amount of single use items used for take out purchasing – made with recyclable materials or are biodegradeable
- We aim to serve the right-size portions – in order to limit unnecessary food waste
- We avoid over-use of air conditioning in a bid to reduce energy – and we have installed energy-efficient E.P. exhaust systems for air conditioning
- All appliances and lights are switched off at night, or when not in use
- Water reduction measures are in place for dishwashers and sanitation systems
- Low-energy lighting systems are introduced in all new restaurants
- Filtered water is available to all customers
- ipad customer ordering systems and cloud-based stock control reduces need for paper
- We actively support the Green Monday campaign in Hong Kong and encourage our diners to think smart one day a week and avoid meat, in order to help protect the environment.
- Clothing and non-perishable food donation bins are featured at our Sai Ying Pun restaurant, encouraging the local community to drop off their donations. Clothing donations are redistributed by our charity partner, Redress. Food donations are redistributed by our food bank partner, Feeding Hong Kong.
- For our restaurants in Hong Kong, where possible, our glass, paper and metal waste is sent to recycling, rather than to landfill
- We are working towards a food waste collection scheme with some of our shopping malls where left over food is turned into compost, or fish food
- Fresh dough left over at the end of the evening is baked into flatbreads and distributed to those in need by Feeding Hong Kong.
PizzaExpress Hong Kong is proud to be certified as a Hong Kong Green Organisation by the Environmental Protection Department and Environmental Campaign Committee.